Canopus Networks was founded by Professor Vijay Sivaraman and Himal Kumar from UNSW’s School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications, who are leaders in Software Defined Networking. Canopus’ mission is to embed itself in the heart of every global network to transform network user experience and re-define the way networks are operated. Canopus' patented FlowPulse technology is encryption proof, scalable and able to analyse network flows at unprecedented speeds of over 400 Gbps. The company is based on technology researched and developed over many years at UNSW, Sydney.
Canopus Networks is supported by a range of partners from the SDN enabled programmable networks ecosystem, such as the leading programmable chip (Tofino) manufacturer: Barefoot Networks, the open source SDN standards organisation: Open Networking Foundation (ONF) and white-box switch vendors: Noviflow. Canopus is backed by Investment Capital firms in realising and supporting the company’s vision and growth trajectory
Co-Founder & CEO
- Silicon valley startup experience.
- Leader in Software Defined Networking.
- 4 Patents, 100+ research articles.
- Professor at UNSW, Sydney, Worked at Lucent Bell-Labs.
B.Tech from IIT Delhi, PhD from UCLA
Co-Founder & CTO
- Experienced Software Engineer & contributor to open-source SDN.
- Expert in Software Defined Networking and Distributed Systems.
- Researcher : IXPs, SDN/NFV. Machine Learning, Flow Classification.
- Worked at Hewlett Packard Enterprise, California.
- B.Tech from IIT Patna, M.Phil from UNSW, Sydney.
Chief Revenue Officer
- Senior leader with global experience in IT and Telecomms.
- Recognised for business transformation and product delivery.
- 30 years experience in leading startups across sales and customer service.
- Executive positions at Superloop, Mandoe, Telstra (UK and AU).
Chief Operations Officer
- Executive with over 25 yrs experience in commercialisation.
- Strategy and corporate development across Telecomms, IoT.
- Strategic thinking focussed on new and emerging technology.
- Senior roles at Telstra, Optus, OzEmail, UUNET, Verizon, NBN.
Chairman of the Board
- Current chairman of PayPal Australia & DiscoveryAg
- Current Non-Exec Director of Netcomm Wireless.
- Chairman, CEO, Director, Advisor of over 20 internet-related businesses.
- Launched ANZWERS in 1997, was CEO of OzEmail.
- Pioneered wireless broadband in Aus as CEO of Unwired Limited.
- Was Chairman of Vocus Communications and Internet Industry Association.
- Entrepreneur & Executive with 20 yrs experience.
- Experience in Telecomms, E-Commerce.
- Managed production team behind Australia’s highest-ranking business content services.
- Founded first Australia’s online music service ChaosMusic, and AusBBS which was sold to Amaysim.
- Previously Association Board Member of AMRA and Compete.
- Experienced technology executive.
- Scaled early stage companies to large multinationals.
- Co-Founder and CTO of AquaHydrex.
- Leads the Physical Science investment team at IP Group.
- PhD from University College Dublin, 6 patents.
- Innovator and Entrepreneur with over 2 decades experience
- Expertise in creation and operationalisation of complex technology solutions
- Expert in Artificial Intelligence and complex software systems design
- Tenured Professor with multiple successful start-ups and spin-outs